Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rock on.....

Guess who is back on board…..ME……I will admit they were starting to loose me for a while, I am not sure if it is the sheer fact that the season is incredibly long or for the fact that the last few weeks haven’t been that interesting to me. But GAME ON…….why have they never had a rock week before…..LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!! I guess they always say don’t forget where you came from…..well my friends this is where I came from …….forget Maroon 5, Mary J whoever……Bring on the Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Stones…….I was doing some serious daydreaming of back in the day at the high school gymnasium…….so let’s get to it…..

My all time favorite quote last night came from Ryan after explaining that the singers will be doing solo’s and duets and then goes “WOW the judges really have their work cut out for them tonight” Ummmm are you kidding me? Yes they have to add two extra comments most likely only one worth while listening too…..WOW your right that is a lot of stress and “hard work” you should consider “upping” their salaries to 20 million a show…..Ridiculous!

Did anyone catch Paula constantly trying to text under the desk? Annoying – seriously let your pill dealer off the hook for one hour while you tape this show…..Did anyone catch she finally admitted to a pill addition this morning on the news…..wah wah wah…..

So I don’t get it – Yes I think Slash is super talented, but shouldn’t they have an actual SINGER mentor these young chickens? First a movie director, than an actor from In Living Color, and now a guitar hero??? I am just saying These folks are on this show to SING not just be Hollywood icons………so other than the head of pubs I had to stare at last night that is really my only beef with Slash……the guy has mad skills and one large head of pubic hair!

Adam - Now this was one cassette tape I remember running into the ground – who can’t relate some childhood memory to a Led Zeppelin song??? So I thought it was a great song choice – he sounded good, performed well as he always does, I felt like there wasn’t as much skretching, or it was less obvious because it is suppose to happen in this song as opposed to “somewhere over the rainbow” So honestly I was really getting “over” Adam, but last night suited him and I am semi back on board. What I am not on board with is Kara getting way overzealous and calling him out as a “Rock God” WHOOOOAAAHHH Horsey simmer down he is just some punk kid on a TV show right now…….that status must be earned in the real world where you have to work to fill stadiums and po dunk bars and not have Kara Dia…something hand you those rights.
I did enjoy Adam giving a shout out to the Teal eyeliner era…..ahhh those were the days.

Alison…..I liked when she needs hair help she turned to Adam…..sad and pathetic that Adam has a “person” who is he H&R block – don’t tell me you have people. I think she sounds great – she should have picked a more popular song, but she just sounds great and I think more and more she deserves to be there I would buy her CD in a heartbeat if I would think I would have the opportunity to ever get rid of the nursery rhymes that play in my car on a non-stop loop and actually listen to a CD of my own. Guarantee whoever wins this shin dig – Alison will climb that ladder of success while Adam goes back to being a cast member in Rent.

Kris/Danny Duo……They sounded good together although I feel like Kris fell in the shadow of Danny’s louder raspier voice. Now can we talk about why the men feel like it is necessary to wear 10 lbs of silver dog collar inspired jewelry………yuk.

Kris – Now this little looker is let’s just say not the “strongest Rock voice” in the bunch…..didn’t think he sounded amazing, but didn’t sound awful either……I am VERY sad to say that I think he might have met his demise this week, unless that smile will carry him through.

Danny – Now I was a bit confused by the “business rock” attire he was trying to sport last night…..Let’s not just come out belting Aerosmith in a pint striped vest and pants and a iridescent lavender shirt with 12 dog collars on?? I was in total confusion when I saw him…..Ummm hello how about throwing one down for Mr. Tyler and grabbing a scarf to tie around that microphone or a pair of ripped up jeans, a leather jacket anything anything that screams I am going to belt out a rock anthem not go make a trade on wall street. So as much as his outfit hit a sour note so did his voice – I think this week was the first week that his vocals were brutal – the screaming was painful…..I don’t think it is enough to see him take a walk but it might.

Adam/Alison duet – other than Adams painted on Beatle juice pants and camel balls….. I thought it was pretty flawless…….

Bottom two – I don’t think they can have a bottom three with only 4 folks…..
Danny and Kris with (sniff sniff…..) Kris going home.

Munson out……

No comments:

Post a Comment