Thursday, April 22, 2010

Idol finally does give back!!

Just like in the 1980 Olympic hockey game I wanted to jump up and down and scream “Do you believe in Miracles?” I am not a very religious human, but damn it all….Praise Jesus……Oh the idol gives back episode couldn’t have ended on a higher note with me….Seriously Tim you can take that million dollar smile and go on your “little tour” and then my friend have fun with your new blue vest and red name tag and work on your “welcome to Wal-Mart” presentation, because with your voice that is all you are capable of! Okay so happy me!

So then a few things about last night….

The idol gives back banner…..it bugged me, with all the $$ flowing into this show they had to go up and steal Sara Lee’s logo? Come on marketing people step it up!

Okay now I will try my darndest to not get on a soap box but COME ON …..Really Mr. President?? “You are all my Dawgs!” Really? You haven’t had enough respect for yourself lost yet? You want to continue? I mean come on we get it your young, your hip, you have daughters you want to relate to …….but I REPEAT you are still the leader of the FREE WORLD please don’t try to ax cool and talk in Ebonics……there were a few folks out there that were not in the 20 something range that did vote for you and I think you at least owe them that! I was embarrassed for every Obama bumper sticker I saw this morning on my way into work.

Now don’t take this the wrong way my heart pours out for these under privileged children it does, especially in these countries that can not withstand the elements. But sometimes I find it hard to swallow the American families that are living in such poverty (a la Jenifer Garner’s story) don’t get me wrong I get it people are down on their luck and can’t make ends meet – but for the LOVE why do you keep getting pregnant and having children knowing you can not support them?? The family in the trailer heated by opening their stove had 6 kids under the age of 6…..okay within those 6 years you must have known things weren’t looking stellar…..stop having kids…..I will stop now. Nope no I will not – these kids also living in a trailer with no heat had double pierced ears and the mom had nails…..okay now I will stop.

Posh spice….I love these famous celebrities who are begging for donations, and I get it they have clout and pull but I sat there watching her and her gig was with a little donation we could purchase 10 books or whatever and I thought with the amount of money you spent on your couture dress you could have housed 5 libraries…….I am just saying I think it should be a requirement that the celebrities that appear have to say what they are donating as well…..and it better be A LOT …..At least I can respect Bill Gates since he and the pipes that his wife seems to bear….. are one of the largest donors in America every year….as they should be.

Black eyed peas….sounded like pooh. I am tired of these techno songs that are made for the radio and then just come across like **** live……it was awful. Another beef – I am on quite the tirade today huh?? The body suit……Yep listen up Beyonce, Fergie, Britney…..I am tired of the leotard…..yes you all look amazing in them but seriously I don’t see you getting on a pommel horse or doing a floor routine for a panel of judges. Enough of the gymnast wear…..Here is an idea how about some pants or a nice dress? Hmmmmmm earth shattering…..Let’s save the one pieces for the 35-60 year old crowd at the pool.

Did anyone catch Todd Bridges in the audience? Didn’t he die like 4 years ago?

George Lopez – I have been waiting my whole life for this guys 5 minute gig….Well done Mr. Lopez – I enjoyed his “judging the judges” and the fact that he asked Simon silicone or saline….makes me really respect the little refried bean – again Well done!

Alicia Keys – They first panned to her and I was LOVING her shirt – so cute and then they faded out to wide screen and I was stricken with horror as the shirt I loved so dearly was connected….ummm yes connected to her pants in order to create a one piece jumpsuit….I will not get on board with your Studio 54 wear and Target neither should you….I was in there this week and enough already……how is a practical person supposed to pee?

I was a bit ashamed as they fell to the Octo-mom’s prey last night and contributed to an additional minute of fame for her……Shame on you AI.

Carrie Underwood – I tell you what she has it going on – I might even add her to “my list” I am just saying she is ridiculously cute and she always SOUNDS good ….but really did she just say she would contribute 36 cents of each ticket sold to charity…..ARE YOU KIDDING ME 36 cents….Really we couldn’t have rounded it up to a cool $1. so for ONE of many of your sold out million dollar shows you are only going to fork over $300K – don’t get me wrong that is good money and can be well used but I am just saying when you walk around with a 5 carrot diamond ring and millions in the bank I think you can swing a bit more…..that is all….still on “my list”

And lastly….did David Cook rub a balloon repeatedly against the back of his head?

Munson out……

No comments:

Post a Comment