Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hollywood.....

Okay first I must apologize for last week’s blatant disregard for a recap – I was having a personal relationship with my toilet that week that didn’t allow me anytime or thoughts on the matter……However there is one little ditty that I do recall and can’t seem to erase from my memory. I am not sure what city they were in but I do remember a Ms. Abual wearing something resembling a silk dickey – and even more so it was bedazzled with stars and fireworks as if she was marching in the fourth of July parade. Now I realize it could have very well been July when they were taping some of these auditions, but no one in there right mind should have the authority to wear a themed turtleneck made out of a silky like material NO ONE.

Okay then, got that off my chest. Fire up for Hollywood! I enjoy this week. I enjoy the process of the breakdowns, the nerves, the dreams getting crushed it just seems like the past five weeks are coming to fruition and I am all for it… weed out these peons and lets get onto the good stuff!! Last night was hard to catch all that was going on there was a lot of editing going on and a zillion 3 second stories that I couldn’t wrap my brain around all of them. However I did enjoy a few highlights as follows….

  1. Did anyone have “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood” running through their head last night – what was with Ryan’s plethora of cardigans last night…every scene a new one. Ryan I know you want to take over for Dick Clark full time but you are still in transition lay off the cardigans and put back on those vintage t’s.
  2. I love the contestants who debate with the judges that they are not a good judge of character/talent and then get all “Springer” on them and say ridiculous things like my favorite from last night (the guy with the CRAZY eyes) gets all pissed and then just shouts “Simon your pants are cheap!” I wanted to shout from the roof tops what an amazing comeback! I was so proud of him for collecting his thoughts and really putting together a statement that we could all remember him by!
  3. Let’s discuss Norman Gentle. He intrigues me. He is the one that is a little over the top in character mode – but there is something about this guy that I feel like he is riding out a bet with his fraternity brothers. I feel like the tri delts were all sitting around a bong one night and said hey “jimmy you can actually sing why don’t you go out and just make a fool of ourselves and you will go down in tri delt history” But now I feel like Jimmy is torn he made it to holly wood and doesn’t want to disappoint his “brothers” but feels like “wow maybe I really can make a go at this….” I have a feeling Jimmy will come to his senses and break out from the hazing from his frat brothers and become his own unique individual that perhaps might wow us! I have my eye on you Norman Gentle.
  4. Do we know why Paula insists on wearing ridiculous outfits that require chains to be attached from her hands to her bodice? If her goal is to revive the 80’s hair band era – I will hop on board, but if it is too just be absurd then I will have to hate it.
  5. Why does this fourth judge make me like Paula more than I should?
  6. And for the love of man kind really bikini girl – its everything I loathe about the the female persona…..

Munson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment