Friday, March 6, 2009

Final 3....I mean 4 Wildcards.....

Dear Comcast,
I would like to introduce you to my cardiologist. You see I had to immediately consult with him last night as I was watching the suspenseful wildcard night of AI and my heart starting skipping beats and I was experiencing large palpitations at an alarming rate, beads of sweat were rolling down my face as I realized your DVR system cut off prior to the end of the show and I had no clue who was the last to get voted into the top 12. You are lucky we have other medias available to us at this day and age and people were readily available via a phone call and a click on the Internet to fill me in. So please, please please when I ask you to "tape" AI please tape it in its entirety.
Sincerely,
A recovering heart patient.

Okay so you know my beef I didn't get to experience the thrill and excitement that the last 3 minutes had to present itself, instead it was a "wah wah wah" moment as I found out they advanced not one, but two people to make it a final 13.

So I will hold off on my trip to Vegas, I was close, but close doesn't count when you are dealing with real $$. Anywho, Happy with all people that advanced. I was also glad that Simon admitted he liked having his hands in the molding of the final "team" if you will and how he admitted personality and likability (i.e. if your hot "Megan") will get you far even if you don't have an incredible voice. We have all known it but it was nice to verbally hear the confirmation.

Matt G. - He stepped it up last night - I was happy with it. What I was unhappy with was his overly bulky "scarf/wrap" around his neck. Was he trying to cover up an enormous hickey? Do people even have hickeys anymore? and who even says hickey? - I am down right embarrassed of myself for typing it.

Megan - again she is a looker -very cute and unusual, however not a natural on stage - I know they chalked up the dancing to her quirky nature, but I am going out on a limb to say it was straight uncomfortableness and ignorance about what to do with all her extremities as she sang....I hope this changes in the future. Simon and Chris will both agree - she needs to advance regardless of vocals just for the sheer fact that her face will be staring back at them for another week. Chris made a good comparison - she has a twinge of Jessica Simpson in her....take a look.

Jasmine - She is good - I have liked her from the beginning - But didn't they ask her to sing something more current? She still seems so reserved to me, now I am not saying come out looking and sounding like a total whore like Jesse did last night, but a little edge would be nice.

ANoop.....OK I have been pulling for this Mumbai underdog the whole time, but I will have to say enough with the Bobby Brown, is that the only CD readily available in the slums and that is all he has to work with? If that is the case I will support him - but someone buy this poor fella an IPOD and get him up to speed and current! I don't think I can go through the next 13 weeks reminiscing with Bel Biv Devoe, and New Eddition! Again I didn't realize he went through but my heart grew a bit when I heard the news..... Jai Ho!

Other notables
Jesse - already mentioned thought she sounded and acted like a whore last night. Good Riddens
Von - Just annoying - he is a cute guy but for some reason I don't want to like him - guess I don't have to now.
Ricky - I hope you didn't advance strictly based up on the fact that you wore skinny jeans when you aren't lets just say "skinny" again another nice comparison by one CM, he looked like Billy Joel in uptown girl video - let this be known there are really only two people who can get away with skinny jeans and that is Pete Wentz and Rhianna, let's leave this to the professionals.
Tatiana -Thank you for all remaining calm, during such a stressful time. I want to congratulate you on your focus and your commitment to having faith in "the system". So yes buh bye my little Prozac child......I am done with your accent, your tears, your whispery, whiny voice, your laugh, and your dream of singing. However, as a light at the end of a dark tunnel - I am truly happy that you were able to reconnect with your birth twin, Paula Abdul. I hope you guys can spend some time, reconnect and try to decode each others retarded sentences.

So I will have to say I wasn't prepared for a singing competition last night, but Kudos to the producers for moving it along QUICKLY and for the love mankind thank you for having the competition and the vote off in one night! I know I speak for millions when I say "It is much appreciated!"

Just because I feel a bit naked unless I make fun of at least one judge - So did Paula look like Pebbles from the Flintstones last night and did you notice that her neon bedazzled scarf was in a different position every frame? How innovative and bizarre all at the same time!?

Okay folks we have our top 13 - let the fun begin.

Munson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment