Thursday, March 5, 2009

Next three, Wildcards, and Tatiana....Oh my!

I should seriously head to Vegas! Have to toot my own horn a bit, not that I even necessarily agree with all my picks but so be it. So here we have it…..

Lil’ Rounds – sort of anticlimactic for me – I mean it was sort of a given. I like her attitude and her enthusiasm however, I did not enjoy the “cinching” that was going on with her empire waisted belt. I felt like she was creating a muffin top and bottom if you will – things were spilling out all over the top and falling out all over the bottom – it just made me so thankful for my elastic waist sweats that I was laying in!

Jorge – Are we going to have to put up with this “oh my gosh I just can’t believe this is happening to me” all season(flashbacks to one annoying David Archuletta) – I mean sure I am happy for the guy he has no idea what is about to embark on him…. but there is a little known thing here in AMERICA it is called entitlement! Learn it, know it, and love it.

Scott – Yes I too, want to mimic his brother and pump my fist up in the air and stream tears of pride down my face at this great under “dawg” story, but after I heard him sing I really felt torn, he isn’t fabulous, and I hope that it doesn’t turn on him, or people vote him though and give him false hope. Because truly Kendall can sing him under the table, but she has sight on her side and that for once, is working against her. Side note – do you think Scott uses a diffuser?

So the group performance……I was stressed out all day long at how this was going to play out, I thought is Scott’s brother going to have to lead him through his side step ponies and jazz hands. Then I saw the guys all sitting and I seriously wiped a bead of sweat from my brow……but then I was laughing out loud at the other guys trying to really “bust out” some shoulder shrugs while sitting, it looked uncomfortable and hard and, so I will admit I tried it, sitting there all by my lonesome, and it was hard, but perhaps it was the plate of cookies sitting on my lap that made it hard to balance….. So this is what worries me in the future….the ford commercials. Should a blind man really get behind the wheel of a car to promote it? Will he always have to be the passenger? – There are definitely some moral and ethical issues that Simon must really consider J These my friends are the things that keep me up at night.

Okay so the WildCards……I enjoy how the judges had a say in it and furthermore I am glad we didn’t have to listen to these 27 forgettables again! Thank you AI for making this move forward in a timely fashion. So I couldn’t get to my recap last night for the fury of phone calls that came my way as soon as Tatiana was announced, including one male (I will not mention names Matt C.) that was so worked up and profoundly denounced that he would no longer watch AI – I told him to get ahold of his pink taco apply some vagisil and pull it together and stop talking crazy talk. We will all be okay and we will get through this is. We all just need to pull together and support each other. We will put up with the hyperventilating, the nauseating laugh, the unsupportive clothing, to support the larger cause here. This is just a blip in the road and no reason to get our texting phalanges in a “twitter” if you will…….Everyone Calm the F down, Yes we are on a heightened alert, but I assure you in the great words of one confused Mr. President we “must stay the course!”

So our wildcards are….
Von – over him
Jasmine – something about her makes me smile?
Ricky B. – whateve.
Megan – forgot about, but pleased with the pick.
Tatiana – see above.
Matt – Fight on fight on for Western…….I will spare you the entire fight song – but GO KZOO!
Jesse – a bit surprised, but she might be interesting.
ANOOOOOP – is in the house! All I have to say is watch your back Jorge, this slumdog is going to send you back to your sad little grass hut!

So goodbye with the ridiculousness of Nathanial & Norman – NO SOUP FOR YOU! On a side note does anyone get the sense that Nathanial doesn’t have a clue about all the side jokes/swipes the judges are saying to/and about him – he is in his own little world that one is…….
I felt a bit bad for Kendall I felt like she was internally thinking….ummm did you guys forget that I have big boobs and I am a totally blonde cutie ……I was waiting for her to stand up and ask for a re-count! Oh well……..

So my EARLY predictions would be
ANOOP
Megan
Jasmine/Jesse not sure here….. It’s still early folks….

So Did I hear it right? AI is on tonight?? They can’t possibly be singing already – I mean they just found out they are “in” so this leads me to believe that it is some sort of interview/update show that puts me in a quandary, I mean I will not falter on my commitment, but lets be honest the office and 30 rock or looking at Kara’s dumbo like ears it might be a toss up…..oh thank Jesus for DVR…..

Oh and before I forget because name dropping is my game – one of our own spent some time last weekend with a former American Idol…..Gina Glocksen – she was from my home town – so I remember her fondly she is the one in the middle (cuz you are only allowed to do cool hand gestures like that if you have been on AI) ENJOY!




Munson out…………………….

1 comment:

  1. Wow...a full on AI "celebrity sighting." Nice work! Just wanted to add an analogy I had while watching Scott and his hair. I couldn't pinpoint why his hair looked familiar...the puffiness, the curls, the mullet, the blindness...where have I seen it all before? Oh that's right...Lionel Ritchie's hair in the "Hello" video. The blind girl used pottery to create Scott's hair. It's all coming together now.

    ReplyDelete