Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Unknown artists....

Okay this might be quick today need to get lots done in order to prepare for vacation…..
Well I am sure it wasn’t just me that was super excited to only one hour of our time would be wasted last night. Okay my biggest beef with last night was “we don’t know what kind of artist you are” Hey NEWS FLASH they will be whoever the eff you want them to be…..Just dangle that little record deal in front of their nose and you will have Crystal Bowersox sporting some spandex and a Rhianna hair do before the week is over….these people want to make it ….they don’t care how. Pink didn’t start out as the tough cookie she is today…..people do what they have to in order to get their footprint out there have millions hop on board and then they can do what ever they want to….so I am quite sick of all this talk – just sing well and they can mold you later…..Case in point, one Britney Spears surely didn’t and still doesn’t know what or who she should be but guess what everyone loved her and she is taking care of her kids and her “habits” just fine.

Katie Stevens – She is such a cute girl but how BORING…..She seriously did 3 …count them 3 hip sways her entire performance otherwise she stood there like Walt Disney, frozen stiff. Even more depressing was the fact that she mentioned she was only 8 when Kelly C. won, seriously have I been watching this garbage for 9 years – Really? She will meet her demise Thursday

Siobhan Magnus – She sounded good, but I was waiting for her to get a little crazy gritty with it but she kept is simple and I guess that is okay. Why does she remind me of a 1920’s housewife she will not make eye contact when she speaks, she is completely soft spoken after just belting out House of the rising sun, it’s like she stops singing and becomes this complete introvert…..weird to me.

Lacy Brown – Still not completely on board with this one. She didn’t sound bad but she is never too exciting for me….I didn’t like how she stared into the camera longingly as if pleading for votes before it was even over. I don’t like when people sit the entire song either…..get your red headed ass up and do something ……slow song or not. Plus last night it was as if a toddler dressed her……5 bracelets, 2 necklaces, 3 rings, green nail polish, orange tank, leopard/gold lame cardigan sweater……seriously its like that moment in a Toddlers life where they want to show independence and they can pick out their own outfits and the mom just dreads what they have put on but you have to choose your battles and say …..well they did it themselves I have to be proud for that……I just don’t think her mom is still proud of those choices at this point.

Katlyn Epperly – okay I like her but seriously I couldn’t take the revenge of the nerds keyboard sitting in front of her – I felt like shouting “NO ON 15” the whole time. It was so Mr. Rogers and add the overall dress to the mix and it was like I flew back 15 years and was watching a Bangles video…….It just seemed too sophomoric at this stage of the game.

Didi – Okay I have been pulling for this emotional train wreck since day one and finally she brought it last night – truly liked it last night – stage presence still a problem, but sounded good and looks like she actually enjoyed herself instead of being scared s***less for once! Well done!

Paige Miles – Don’t just sing a lullaby when I choose to watch it at 10 pm…….I couldn’t stop hitting snooze! My dozing nap was much more enjoyable than her performance. Then she gets all emotional saying she had a personal connection with the song that meant a lot to her…..as with you I was on the edge of my seat as Ryan inquired as to what it was about and COME ON – did she just blame her poor performance because she was so emotionally attached to the song because of MICHAEL JACKSON????? All respect lost at this point…….Yes we were all sad the king was lost, but come on…….you can’t use that as your emotional attachment…I won’t allow you!! Poor Choice Paige Poor choice……

Crystal “poop teeth” Bowersox. – Yup she is our steady eddy at this point…..she sounded great, is super comfortable, but that is just it a bit too comfortable in my book…..Really? Did she really just plop her self down on her amp while the judges critiqued her? What’s wrong Crystal “mystery illness” got ya down (still bitter I don’t know the inside track on this one)? Seriously you couldn’t last 1 more minute on your feet to hear how great you are? Okay I am seeing a trend here too lazy to comb or wash your hair, can’t stand more than a three minute song, apparently too lazy too brush your teeth on a routine basis…..I am really starting to worry about her immune system….what is wrong with this girl?

Lilly Allen – I am not going to lie I fell asleep and was too mad at her knitted macramé earrings to even care.

Bottom two ……Katie Stevens and Paige Miles (even though I think Paige should stay and Lacy should go…..)

Munson out…..

No comments:

Post a Comment