Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bye Bye Birdie....

Okay so be it, yes America she is a nice pretty face, a body to die for, hair that only we can dream about, but it was the right thing to do. Stand proud and do not falter. The other folks with a voice that we can all stomach to listen to for more than 3 minutes are very appreciative. So Megan took the fall last night – and rightfully so, she shared with us her bird calls (what is with that? I apparently am not in on the joke!), her annoying talking through songs, her standard hip shake dance move, but I think she used up her bag o’ tricks and had nothing else to give. She however is one quirky lady; she seems in her own world all the time and just like a quintessential party girl…..with that being said I can’t imagine how she ended up with a full sleeve of tattoos and a fetus in her belly while she was a teen?? Hmmmm……..

Last night’s group performance – I was so looking forward to it…..Scott tucked safely behind the keyboard, I thought this is a chance for the rest of the folks to turn up the heat with the choreography, but no go……There was just a lot of side stepping and arm sways – really? you leave the blind guy out and have an open slate and that’s all you got to show for yourself – I wanted to see line changes, partner dips, lifts – but apparently I needed to flip over to DWTS to get that sort of jazziness…….I truly think they missed their opportunity to show their stuff last night, but perhaps they are all just using Scott as their beard and hiding their inability to shake their groove thing. It was sad and disappointing.

David Cook – I was such a fan last year and still am and for the following reasons.
1. He kept it real and still gives his brother props with the AC on his guitar.
2. He has kept his bangs under control with an appropriate length of side swipe…..(if you remember he got a bit over zealous with the side swipe last season)(speaking of side swipe did anyone catch Adam’s blond haired friend – his side swipe started at the nape of his ear and went all the way around as if he was a mini Donald Trump – it was sooooo dumb looking…….I can only hope the crew cut comes back into style before my son is a teenager!)
3. He is taking care of his own…..his mom was sporting some MAJOR bling last night now that his son is rolling in it….
4. He has gone platinum and for good reason – kudos to you…..
However recently there are a few reasons why I could not like him in the future…..
1. The fact that his song last night wasn’t that amazing
2. The fact that his beard is a bit to Neanderthal.
3. The fact that he still loves chains hanging from any piece of clothing
4. The fact that he broke poor Kimberly Caldwell’s heart. Distance, smistance…..keep it real……
5. The fact that he has recently been outted for yelling at his fans and becoming a bit Hollywood…..

Okay so lets talk about the one zipper eyed crazo up on stage, she goes by the name Lady GaGa, which I am not going to lie, I enjoy her tunes on my I-POD regularly, they are fun catchy and are the ones that no doubt will stick in your head for the rest of the day…..But WTF was last night – she was outta hand. First of all the breakdown with the piano at the beginning – unnecessary – and did that piano belong to Andre the Giant – why did she look like Vern Troyer next to it? And the crazy dance moves – I could barely keep track of what was going on – so thanks but no thanks I will revert to my I-POD and enjoy your songs without the visuals.

Munson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment