Wednesday, February 24, 2010

12 Ladies....

Okay well after two hours last night I could seriously narrow it down to the final two girls. The rest of them as pleasant and cute as they are they will be gone I just have a gut feeling……..Another feeling I got last night was that these girls all enjoy the following:
•Super skin tight pants (most who actually warrant wearing them!)
•Metallic waist belts, and
•LARGE silk flower arrangements posing as hair accessories.

Some things from the first “performance” night.
•I don’t enjoy the bulls eye stage I feel like it is too small for these kids to even try to create a stage presence. I mean one sas-hay to the left and they will be falling into thin air…..
•I think the band and background music needs to step it up – I thought it was rather muted and made the singers sound worse than they should have.
•Can we please come up with something new regarding the texting number and finger gestures at the end of their performances? I feel like these kids all try to be trendy and come up with something when it in turn just looks like you are having an epileptic seizure waving your didgets around in a furry. For example
1.If you are #2 you don’t always have to give the peace sign with different
mouth gestures to match nor do the pulp fiction dance.
2. If you are #3 you don’t have to always give the “west siiiiiiddddeee” W as if you are a thug and not from some posh suburb.
Catch my drift?

Judges:
I was actually impressed last night – I felt for one fleeting moment that they all (including Mr. Jackson) had something constructive to add. If anyone was low on the totem poll last night I would have to say it was “E” (wanted to kill Randy every time he said “whadda think “E”?) She was okay but felt it necessary to end every comment good or bad with “I like you” as if she were some pimply faced 12 year old saying it for the first time to Johnny Sunshine outside her locker……it bugged me. I laughed at the Simon/E love affair story line ….I feel like she had to hide behind some kind of beard last night in order to mask her drool for these 12 hot chicks that were all “performing” for her…..It had to be hard for HER and SIMON…..both wanting the same thing and all……. Lastly, what is up with Randy’s 3 hair chin beard? So Stupid!

Ladies:

Paige Miles – Her eyes kind of scare me …….they are always as if she just saw a ghost bug eyed and open…..I wasn’t feeling her one piece lace short outfit that we later found out she had to be sewn in and hasn’t peed in 5 hours. Chris made a good point there are certain things girls shouldn’t say when you are trying to play the part of a sex symbol star and that is “I have to pee” or “I wipe snot all day long” both of which Paige touched upon last night. She needs some work I didn’t think she was as good as Simon said she was and please for the love…. how about some lipstick or at least some gloss…..those lips were dryer than a pile of raisins.

Ashley Rodriguez – So here we are two contestants in and two contestants wearing silver or gold Lame??? Yikes I was scared by this Mr. Ed beauty…..she has a mouth that could seriously swallow you whole, but down right pretty. But bottom line she has got the looks but not the voice – at least last night for me.

Janell Wheeler – Case in point of the tight pants this girl has every right to wear them proud…. my goodness…….Why you gotta get E all in a flutter like that. She sang Heart – too big for her britches like the judges said. And I love when Randy starts the comments and he starts with the SLOW “yo’s” “yo…….yo…………yo……… you know it isn’t good. But when he gets the fast “yo yo yo” you know you did joined the dawg pound

Lilly Scott – So I don’t really get it is her hair blonde? Is it grey? Is the color correct on my TV? Does it need a VO5 hot oil treatment? Not sure I follow it yet…….She is good I like her but I warn you girls with the quirky little voices – remember what happen to Megan from last year…..it wasn’t pretty. This one will be interesting to watch.

Katelyn Epperly – When I watched her I felt like I was watching Kylie Minogue from 1986 step off the set of Desperately Seeking Susan and onto an AI stage. I think she sounded great though, I know the judges didn’t enjoy but I did so there.

Hayley Vaughn – Okay yes this girl is bubbly and cute but honestly I don’t know if I can take that reverse pouty lip for a whole season – it is really distracting along with her lisp. What I do appreciate is that she goes out and DOES NOT sing every Mary J. Blige song and others from that genera.

Lacy Brown – she sang Landslide I personally didn’t think it was that awful, however the soft personality of a rock is what I think will ultimately send this little Lucille ball home. And her outfit….. was she running late and couldn’t find her outfit and quickly grabbed the nearest tablecloth and wrapped it around her like a toga? Not cool.

Michelle Delamor - This girl reminds me of the chick in the MJ Thriller video – the curly hair, the tight pants, the hot red lips, the heels…….I couldn’t focus as I immediately went into a shimmy shimmy clap and finished the Thriller dance instead of watching her performance. – Very cute but forgettable.

Didi Benamir - I will have to say this is one of my final two – I have liked her from day one albeit the unnecessary tears every five minutes…..She is good and has it I think at this stage anyway – what I think she needs to let go of is the crocheted pot holder sweater she wore. – You are in the Kodak Theatre not Woodstock……Step it up Didi….

Siobhan – Who just blows glass for a living? Sort of an odd job for an odd duck. – She sang wicked game I think she has a good voice but has no social skills and needs to learn that her “talking” voice can use different inflections as to connect with someone other than a rock. How can these people be so talented when they sing, but then complete morons in normal conversations? Hopefully it was just nerves.
Crystal Bowersox - First and foremost – Thank you Crest white strips you have made a valiant effort as I noticed her teeth were not the shade of pooh anymore – don’t give up they still could use a few shades of blanco to have her compare with civilization. Well she is my other front runner – she is just confident and relaxed and I enjoy her voice however I may just vote her off from last night as she so loudly proclaimed “I am just doing this for a bigger paycheck” I am sorry but that is not what America wants to hear – yes I get it you want to provide for your son but don’t act like this is beneath you otherwise. I didn’t appreciate the cold shoulder to someone who could pull you out from under those rat infested dreads.

Katie Stevens – She is sweet and all but yeah no one wants to see a 17 year old get all sexy and sultry on national TV……Why does she remind me of Charlotte on Sex and the City? Ms. Goodie two shoes…….I would like to see a trendy hair cut, a removal of the Mickey mouse ear headband and why not….. lets add a metallic waisted belt (it seems to be all the rave) ….she has got the voice….. She just doesn’t have her identity yet!

Bottom Two ……..Ashley and Lacy…….

Munson out.

No comments:

Post a Comment