Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hollywood - Living the dream.......

Yes, Yes & Yes….I was so excited have the format change up…I was sick of the audition routine and I am ready to get down to bid-ness. I liked last night, it was over before I knew it which means I was engrossed and entertained. I am however excited to listen to Ryan Seacrest’s new lead in line…….

“And this is Acoustic American Idol………”

I mean honestly anyone who held a guitar last night rocked and sounded good. I felt like I was at open mic night …….it was like an Acoustic Jam off last night. I feared for anyone who walked up on that stage holding just a microphone in their hand – I mean how can you compare……playing the guitar and singing brilliantly will trump it every time!!

Okay let’s get to it – ELLEN - I was looking forward to this night just as much as most people were, and now I know her type isn’t known for their cutting edge fashion style but I think she pulls the vest and boyfriend jeans off more than the average lady, however I my super excited Ellen bubble popped within the first 10 seconds as she walked out onto that stage in a straight up Mexican Tuxedo….really Ellen? A Jean jacket and Jeans…..this is a rule that is more known than wearing white after labor day….you just don’t do it – throw on some khakis or some cords let’s just leave the Tuxedo at home……I was just waiting for the holy hell of the bolero tie to pop out of the jacket. Other than her Mexican formal wear I LOVED her……she rocks and I almost felt bad for the contestants because it was the Ellen hour……I love the comic relief she brought and I think it will alleviate most of the monotony that Randy and Simon’s standard tag lines give us after a few shows. And thank you Ellen for making note of Paula’s seal clap and demonstrating it on air, it is a point I have been trying to make for 2 seasons now…..All I have to say to Paula is Signora Sista!!!

Speaking of Paula, I absolutely loved Andrew;s acoustic version of Straight up….I felt a bit of excitement that I may just be able to relive my childhood if all these fools keep re-doing pathetic 80’s songs to cool acoustic jams……..I can dream can’t I ….anyone up for “I think were alone now” from Tiffany?

I was sooooo happy the rocker mom sang Pink’s sober – one of my favorite songs right now and she was awesome – I remember saying during her audition that she should do Pink for sure – I am definitely keeping my eye on her!

Bless the Big Mike for missing his first child’s birth – that just sucks, but I was thinking what a cool video tape to place in that baby’s hope chest or baby book!! Hope his wife thinks the same thing.

“the way you make me feel” girl from Chicago has a great voice but please lay off the cigarettes and coffee….. the brown stained teeth is enough for me to hope that you will forget all your words.

Lastly what is with all the fake eye glass frames – I saw a sally Jesse rafel pair (let’s leave that to Danny G from last season), and then there were a lot of nerdy frames with no lenses….I don’t get it……I just feel like if you need a pair of colored rims to stand out you might as well pack your bags……

Okay I feel like my AI energy is back – I am fired up for Hollywood and will put my patience hat on tonight for group performances and try to just breathe deeply through the cat fights and dance move arguments.

Munson out…….

No comments:

Post a Comment