Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Prolonged Drama........

Okay so the “suspense” was more annoying than enjoyable last night. I am not sure I comprehend the concept of the splitting up into rooms to knock some people out just in turn to sit down with those people again and send them home without even performing again…..I am all about efficiency these days – I don’t have the time (some people would argue since I am sitting here writing a blog) to deal with the inefficiencies of this competition. I mean truly I get the staging of the heart felt stories but over 57 minutes of these dramatic attempts got me downright tired (or it could be the 5:15 am wake up call this morning!) at any rate – I am happy to narrow this down to 24 tonight ……Here is a few highlights from last night (at least for me….)

•Why does Ellen dress like Mr. Rogers but randomly can pull it off? I tried to imagine myself or any of my friends in that costume and all I see happening is a lot of obnoxious comments and a bit of pee in my pants!
•Does anyone else miss the song “had a bad day” as these contestants get sent away….I feel it hasn’t made it’s presence this year…..
•I liked when Ellen told the one girl to be younger and she comes back as mix of Punky Brewster and Blossom….I mean the whole thing was trying so hard the legwarmers, the tutu, the multiple barrettes…….she said younger not juvenile.
•I enjoy that “big Mike” makes his guitar look like a ukulele. Seriously the man is huge. While we are on Big Mike did anyone giggle when he picked Ryan and the judges as if they were complete ragdolls? His new baby might fear her own life when she sees those pythons coming to rock her to sleep.
•It’s been bugging me for weeks ….the girl with the oversized nerdy frames…..I couldn’t figure it out but it hit me last night – she is channeling Sarah Jessica Parker from Square Pegs…..phew now I can sleep at night.
•I LOVED the obnoxious mom with her big black gay son. I watched her “pet” her son, scream with enthusiasm over every breath he took and I saw my future….some of you may know I am breeding my own “mommas boy” and could care less that it is the wrong thing to do…..So I have found a mentor in this woman – Brady I promise to keep the screaming to a minimum but I will NOT stop with the petting!
•I think the girl with the stroked face/mouth got the shaft last night.
•I thought it was great that Jessica thought it was a good “career move” to berate and yell at the judges that they made the wrong decision and she “has this”. Truly I am sure your annoying, abusive banter will totally pay off in the future……and yup It WAS your “groups” fault……COME ON……….
•I hope DIDI can pull it together she is the one that lost her best friend. I think she really is good, but seriously an emotional mess – pull it together sista I can’t handle any more tears!
•Casey Jones – this guy is good but something bugs me about him and I think it is the fact that I don’t appreciate his Laze fair attitude about his look, when we all know he spends 4 hours perfecting that messy half ponytail he sports.
•Aaron Kelly – this is the resident Doogie who looks like he just graduated preschool – I think we have found this seasons Archuletta if he can just remember the words.
•I can’t wait until all these fools with a guitar in hand have to get up on that stage and dance with Toddrick in a group performance, that boy can dance!
•Lastly Kara – her comments last night consisted of….
o“mmmmmm its good”
o“oh yeah”
o“I’m feeling it”
Can someone please get this girl a pocket rocket so we don’t have to suffer through her frustrations on national TV?

Munson out……..

No comments:

Post a Comment